There's nothing like the taste of home when you're feeling a bit under the weather, and in this episode chef James Martin serves up his own pick-me-ups, including a nourishing squash and lime soup and a vitamin-packedpoached haddock with egg.
Wild pig farmers Roy and Sarah Hunt visit the kitchen with a selection of their New Forest bacon for James to create his own take on a comforting cheese, tomato and bacon snack. And historian Ivan Day recreates our ancestors' answer to convalescence food - an alcoholic posset.
|James Martin: Home Comforts ep.6 - Pick Me Ups|
- James whips up a quick chutney to make a meal of cheese on toast.
2. Butternut squash soup with flowerpot bread
- Make a simple vegetable soup feel special by making your own bread to enjoy with it.
3. Waffles with strawberry compôte and ice cream
- An indulgent dessert that children will love. Swap the ice cream for yoghurt if you prefer your waffles as a breakfast dish
4. Poached haddock and poached egg with mustard sauce
- Flaky poached smoked haddock in white sauce flavoured with a spoonful of mustard, served with poached egg and spinach.